- Citizenship - Raraunga
- Citizenship Forms and Information Brochures
- Citizenship Fees and Charges
- Check if you’re a New Zealand citizen
- General Requirements for a Grant of New Zealand Citizenship
- Citizenship ceremonies
- New Zealand Citizenship by Descent
- Citizenship Resources
- Citizenship Online Calculation Tool
- How to Contact Us
Services › Citizenship › Confirm you’re not a New Zealand citizen
- Return to Citizenship home page
Denial of New Zealand citizenshipYou can get a certificate that proves you’re not a citizen here.
If you’ve successfully applied for citizenship but haven’t been to a ceremony yet, the certificate will say that.
Complete the formComplete a denial of New Zealand citizenship form (pdf 107kb)
- email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- fax it to +64 4 382 3561
- post it to PO Box 10680, Wellington 6143, New Zealand.
Some embassies need the certificate to be authenticated.
DocumentsYou’ll need to include a photocopy of the photo and identity details page of your passport.
Pay the feeThe certificate costs $112.40.
You can pay by:
- cheque or bank draft made out to “Department of Internal Affairs”
- credit card
- money order.