- Citizenship - Raraunga
- Citizenship Forms and Information Brochures
- Citizenship Fees and Charges
- Am I a New Zealand Citizen?
- General Requirements for a Grant of New Zealand Citizenship
- New Zealand Citizenship by Descent
- Citizenship Resources
- Citizenship Online Calculation Tool
- A Brief History About New Zealand Citizenship
- How to Contact Us
Services › Citizenship › General Requirements for a Grant of New Zealand Citizenship
On this page...
- Citizenship by grant
- What citizenship is
- Dual citizenship
- Will the grant of citizenship affect my New Zealand visa?
- Other information
Citizenship by grantBecoming a New Zealand citizen by grant shows your commitment to New Zealand and gives you the same rights as citizens who were born here.
Apply for citizenship by grant
Apply for citizenship by grant if you are Samoan
What citizenship isBeing a New Zealand citizenship means you can:
- live in New Zealand forever
- get a New Zealand passport
- stand for parliament
- have full access to education
- have full economic rights
- represent New Zealand in many international sports.
- obey the laws
- register to vote
- pay tax
- be a responsible New Zealander.