Resource material › Our Policy Advice Areas › Civil Defence Policy
The Department administers the Civil Defence Emergency Management Act 2002.
The Civil Defence and Emergency Management Policy team is responsible for providing administrative and strategic policy advice to the Minister of Civil Defence and the Government in relation to:
- Statutory responsibilities and other aspects of the civil defence and emergency management legislation
- The associated Strategy, National Civil Defence Emergency Management Plan and Guide
- Central government support for local arrangements to undertake the “4 Rs” – risk reduction, readiness, response, and recovery from disasters.
- Briefing for the Incoming Minister of Civil Defence (for a hard copy version please email: email@example.com)
- Visit: www.civildefence.govt.nz