- Citizenship - Raraunga
- Citizenship Forms and Information Brochures
- Citizenship Fees and Charges
- Check if you’re a New Zealand citizen
- General Requirements for a Grant of New Zealand Citizenship
- Citizenship ceremonies
- New Zealand Citizenship by Descent
- Citizenship Resources
- Citizenship Online Calculation Tool
- How to Contact Us
Services › Citizenship › General Requirements for a Grant of New Zealand Citizenship
Citizenship by grant
Becoming a New Zealand citizen by grant shows your commitment to New Zealand and gives you the same rights as citizens who were born here.
What citizenship isBeing a New Zealand citizen means you can:
- live in New Zealand forever
- get a New Zealand passport
- stand for parliament
- have full access to education
- have full economic rights
- represent New Zealand in many international sports.
- obey the laws
- register to vote
- pay tax
- be a responsible New Zealander.